23 April 2010

Cologne, Germany







So we rolled into Cologne mid afternoon on a glorious day. The campsite is on the banks of the Rhine and walking distance to the city. We spent a full day wandering around Cologne which is a small city but full of churches. Some of us went to the Chocolate museum which I enjoyed. I thought it was interesting to see where the cocoa beans came from and all the business side to chocolate production. Best though was a nose around the Lindt section of the museum where we saw all the machinery and moulding processes. We also got to taste the chocolate- not as much as we thought though.

Photos are: view from campsite, the lindt bunnies in the chocolate museum and the Dom

I also climbed the 533 steps to the top of the cathedral which nearly killed me. Beautiful views at the top if you ignore the scaffolding, chicken wire, and graffiti!

In the evening we had a group meal in a beer hall where you could buy a meter long sausage! I had frankfurter and mash which I didn't think I'd like but I did! Also was adventurous and tried Saurkraut- It was rank!
Lots of beer drunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment