2 November 2010

Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia


It was a full days work to get to KK. The 'every hour' airport port bus was most definitely not every hour and after nearly 2 hours of waiting it turned up. Thankfully my flight was in the afternoon so there was no need to panic. After a very quick flight (25 minutes) I arrived in the state of Sabah. It has a different feel to it- not as friendly and more expensive. I got a taxi to the hostel just in time for torrential rain.

Turns out the rain wasn't just a shower. I had 2 nights in KK but I only got 3 hours of sunshine so I had a wander. There isn't a lot to KK, it's just a nice place to walk around. Nice harbour, views of islands, shopping centres and a great night food market. Despite the rain not allowing any of the spectacular sunsets that are the attraction here it has been nice to not really have a lot to do and just sit in and read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment