5 July 2011

Townsville and Magnetic Island


Townsville is a bit of an odd city. It has a nice waterfront but there isn't actually anything in the centre. All the shops are in out off town shopping centre. I spent the first 2 nights basically catching up with life and not doing alot really. I then got the ferry to Magnetic Island which is 8km off the coast. Maggie Islands nice but not as great as everyone goes on about. I did a couple of nice walks and sat on a beach for an afternoon (not intentional but i missed the bus back!). On one of the walks I saw a very active koala which was pretty cool. No swimming done though. The water was freezing and so were the winds.

I headed back to Townsville for another night. I'm staying a newly refurbished hostel so the beds are very comfy and there is free WIFI throughout (partly the reason I stayed the extra night but sadly the net connections been very dodgy today). Between here and Cairns there's no where worth stopping at the very little work but to the recent cyclone destroying pretty much everything. As Cairns is the end of the road and from what I here jobs hard to find there I've decided to head back south to Home Hill to try and get some farm work with hopefully more success than last time! I have a 3 hour wait at the bus station tomorrow for the bus. Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment