21 October 2011

The way to Cairns

I finally left Home Hill yesterday after another few weeks. Picking pumpkins in 32 degree heat was pretty hard work and the last few days was very cool and windy, and they say the wet season has started early so I'm glad I left when I did. I started to help train Spot as well. He was running through the paddocks and chewing the plants so he started to come on the packing trailer with me and he's taken a liking to eating the peppers to keep him happy.

The journey to Cairns was very long. The bus was over an hour late and we drove much of the day through rain and low cloud so I couldn't see much. I checked into a hostel last night just outside the main centre of Cairns, so its nice and quiet and I've a single bed! I've 2 weeks in the Cairns area and there are a few things I want to do, but I'm not booking anything until the weather gets better. For today though it's time to browse the shops for the first time in 6 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment