9 April 2013

Popayan, Colombia

Popayan was a short trip from Salento and is a small whitewashed city. It was nice to have a wander around the day we got there but with a whole other day I needed something to do. 6 of us booked on a downhill mountain bike trip that would see us getting a lift up to some thermal springs and then biking back down 29km to the town. After seeing that the trip actually had a 3km uphill section, 3 bailed to do just the last 10km which was definitely downhill and myself, Anthony and Tony enjoyed a quick but sulphur smelling dip in the springs and then hopped on the bikes for the journey home. I had a great time as we had all road surfaces and weather and we also stopped for strawberries and cream and deep fried goodness on the way back.

I forgot to take photos so I'll have to wait till Tony's sent me some!

No comments:

Post a Comment