26 October 2010

Sibu, Sarawak, Malaysia




From Kuching I got an express boat to Sibu. The boat was quick (4.5 hours) and easy as it headed out to sea and then up a river inland passing cargo boats of various forms. Sibu has no hostels so armed with a list of hotels and a map, I headed to find somewhere affordable to stay. I had initially intended to stay 2 nights in Sibu but after I walked and saw the attractions of the town which were 2 swan statues and a pagoda in 30 minutes, I decided 1 night would be enough!

Sibu wasn't a very night town and seemed pretty run down. I headed to the night market for dinner and made use of the WiFi in the room to catch up with home.

Next stop was Miri in the north of Sarawak. I caught the 9am express bus from Sibu (I couldn't get out of town any quicker!) and headed in comfort to Miri which took 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment