27 December 2012

Feliz Navidad!! Los Alerces NP. Argentina

Los Alerces NP is our camping stop for 3 days over Christmas. We are located next to a lake and it's been very nice to chill out for a few days and I feel that everyone has appreciated doing not a lot. Christmas Day was great. We've been suitably fed and watered and I have to admit that it's amazing how much food you can cook over a fire. It was the first Christmas dinner I'd had with no roasties but my plate certainly wasn't lacking food and the crew and the cook group did a great job. The secret santas were unveiled as Pete dressed up as Papa Noel, Kirsten as a reindeer and Graham as an elf! Karen liked the gift I got for her and I was delighted with my present from Jeanne- a first 1000 Spanish word book and some lip balms. Boxing day presented us with some sun so we had washing lines everywhere and most just sitting around camp enjoying doing nothing. Myself, Francois and Tony had a quick dip in the clear lake waters. Cold but not as cold as some of the showers on the 'W'.

No comments:

Post a Comment