8 March 2011

Brisbane



A short bus trip from Byron and I landed myself in Brisbane, capital of Queensland and I gained an hour to my day due to the crazy time zones here.

I don't really know what I was expecting from the city but there's not much here and it's not particularly pretty. I've spent 1 day in the city and I've walked around the shops,the museum and a couple of art galleries which were pretty good especially the modern art one which was really interactive. The south bank of the river is supposed to be filled with parkland, swimming lagoons and artificial beaches but sadly due to the recently flooding the whole of the south bank has been ruined and needs lots of repair work so there's nothing to do there now.

I'm headed in a couple of hours up the coast to Noosa today where I'm hoping for a few days of beach and sun

No comments:

Post a Comment