2 March 2011

Back to Oz



I had a painless flight from Auckland to Sydney with check in, customs and immigrations easy and extremely quick. I arrived at my Sydney hostel just 40 minutes after stepping off the plane!

I've spent a week in Sydney now applying for jobs but there isn't much around and it's expensive to stay and keep looking. Thankfully my Greyhound bus pass has enough prepaid kilometers left on it to enable me to get to Cairns without having to pay for any more transport which is great. Tomorrow i'm headed to Coffs Harbour which I hear is quite nice if the weathers good. I plan to just head up the coast and see if theres any immediate work or work for accommodation whilst I look for a job.

Weather's not been great in Sydney the last few days so I've caught up with a couple of people I met in New Zealand and today I went and had a look around the HMAS Onslow which is a submarine and the gun ship HMAS Vampire which was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment