21 March 2011

Noosa



Noosa was a lovely seaside town which also has a river running through it. I originally planned on staying just 2 days but ended up staying 5 as the hostel was nice (free breakfast of bacon butties) and there was quite a bit to do.

Noosa is near to Australia Zoo which is the zoo that Steve Irwin's family set up. My bus pass gave me a free entry ticket so it would be rude not to have used it so I headed there for the day. I had a great day out but I'm glad that didn't pay for the $60 entry as the zoo isn't worth it. There aren't that many animals around and the majority are crocodiles or kangaroos. I did however get the must have Aussie souvenir of a photo of me cuddling a koala, which was surprisingly heavy. I also enjoyed feeding the kangaroos and holding a baby alligator. I also spent some time on the beach, walking in the national park and also kayaking on the river. Noosa is a pretty rich area and it was great to have a nose into people's houses from the river. Richard Branson actually owns one of the river islands but sadly it was a little to hard to paddle to.

No comments:

Post a Comment